Sunday 15 November 2009

Bonnie Marcus, Where Fashion Meets Paper


Call me old fashioned, call me a romantic, call me simple.....I am a sucker for receiving a handwritten card in the mail. It's a little gesture, really a gift that makes me smile knowing that someone took the time to choose stationary, write a greeting, and get it out in the post all just for me!

One of my favourite card houses in the US is the Bonnie Marcus Collection. I absolutely covet her chic designs and stylish stationary, but really it is her story that I love so much more. You see Bonnie was a pregnant mom-to- be with the vision of taking fashion to paper, and she did just that. Bonnie always had a passion for fashion and glamour as she worked a number of years in the industry for designers like Diane Von Furstenberg, then as a high end event and wedding planner. She realized that while there was so much fabulous stationary out there, she never could find contemporary designs that reflected the cosmopolitan lifestyle in a vintagey yet fashionable way. So during the last months of her pregnancy rather than resting and nesting, Bonnie rode out her third trimester hard at work at her dining room table creating the stationary that I adore!

The Bonnie Marcus collection naturally launched as a wedding invitation line Down The Aisle In Style, and today her collections include everything from Holidays and Graduations to Pregnancy and Lifestyles. While her line only retails in places like the US, Australia, England and even Puerto Rico.....her items are also available online and can be shipped internationally here to Hong Kong! Phew!

I definitely say that Bonnie Marcus is one sassy lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you - please leave us a comment!