Thursday 26 November 2009

Thanksgving Inspiration

Happy Thanksgiving!

A typical Thanksgiving for me back at home (Miami, Fl.) would be a day spent with my family. Every year since I can remember my family and I go to my Aunt Caryn's house for an afternoon and evening filled with laughing, food, and story telling. We always gather around the table and share the things we are most thankful for. Year after year the menu never changes(traditions)...turkey and stuffing, Granddad's famous mashed potatoes, Aunt Caryn's sweet potato casserole, Mom's delicious deviled eggs, Grandma's secret recipe baked beans, and lots and lots of Aunt Caryn's homemade pies (apple, pecan, pumpkin). I'm already full just thinking about it!

This year I will be celebrating with friends at the American Club, then off to Maura's where she and her husband Paul are hosting a gathering in their apartment complete with turkey, green beans, sweet potatoes and of course pumpkin pie! I'm sure that just like "home" there will be lots of laughing and memories to be made.

If I had the space in my apartment to have people over, these images would definitely be my decorating inspiration.





Photos Courtesy of : Martha Stewartand Country Living

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you - please leave us a comment!