Wednesday 7 October 2009

Where the Wild Things Are



My absolute favourite book when I was tiny was "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak. I used to love to hear again and again about how Max was sent to bed without any supper because he was making mischief, only to escape from his bedroom to a faraway land where he became King of all the wild things. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Spike Jonze-directed movie which is going to be released in October (in the US; HK release date not yet known). The Wild Thing characters look amazing! Will be interesting to see how they'll handle the fact that the book essentially had no dialogue at all and was only actually 9 sentences in total...

The little kid in me also loves this new Wild Things-inspired range from Urban Outfitters - the doll and the leggings in particular are calling to me! Such a cute and fun collaboration... Of course Urban Outfitters is on my list of "Stores I wish we had in HK"!

2 comments:

  1. That book always gave me such awful nightmares! I can't tell whether to look forward to the movie or dread it :)

    However, those leggings are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool blog - just stumbled upon it when trying to find out when the film will be released in HK (if ever..). If anyone has any idea of a HK release date, please could you leave a comment. Ta!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you - please leave us a comment!