Yesterday we wrote about 5 hot trends for fall and today we are following up with 5 more that you can work into your wardrobe to ensure that you are wearing the latest and greatest looks for autumn.
6. Graceful Geometry: Minimalism is key for this look. Dresses are the way to work this look and the detailing is with soft pleats or origami folds.
7. Caped Crusaders: When summer starts to turn into fall you just need a little something to make you feel all cozy and warm and this year it is all about the cape. To pull of this seasons look go for a cape in satin, leather or wool.
8. Shine and Drape: The key to pulling off this look is going for satin and sequins that will be sure to make you shine. Colors are muted with soft pinks and greys which ensures that the satin and sequins are the main event in the outfit.
9. Prints: Now, this is a trend I need to work into my look this fall. I am more of a solid girl and I always admire girls who don't shy away from a fun print. For fall, icon photo prints are in, which I am loving! Houndstooth check and jacquard are also hot for fall. I think these prints are definitely something I can work into my look in the upcoming months.
10. Colors: As we mentioned yesterday in trend number 2, black is as in as always but color is giving it a run for its money this fall. The best way to wear this trend is with a fun colored coat - I guess that is if you live in a place where it actually gets cold enough to need a coat!
Trends: Marie Claire UK, August 2009
Graceful Geometry: Lanvin
Caped Crusader: Jeremy Laing, Y-3, Tuleh
Shine and Drape: Balenciaga
Prints: Dolce & Gabbana