Wednesday 5 August 2009

Style Inspiration - Dinner and Drinks

Today's style inspiration is an outfit I would like to wear out to Dinner and Drinks. I have to say that this is not the original outfit I put together. The original outfit had me in my comfort zone of jeans but after a fun conversation with Hester yesterday we decided that to complete my edgy look I need to shorten the hem on my skirts (but keep it classy at the same time!!). For a while now I have been obsessed with the look Gwyneth Paltrow had when she was promoting Iron Man last year. Her hair and style is exactly the look I am after. I even went as far as trying to get my hair cut the same way as hers - let's just say that didn't end well. As I was creating this board with "The Gwyneth" style in mind I almost talked myself into calling the hairdresser and chopping my hair off again in the hopes that this time it would turn out just like hers. Hester did a very good job of talking me out of it since she remembered how miserable I was when I was growing out my hair from my last Gwyneth haircut attempt!

Now onto the outfit...
Skirt - I am going to make an effort to not always reach for my jeans when I am planning an evening out. What I think works about a skirt this short is that it can still be on the classic side if the top is not too flashy. My goal for next week is to go shopping for a short black skirt and try to recreate this outfit. Stay tuned for some real life pics - we will see how close I can come to recreating this look!
Tank Top - I think every girl needs a basic tank in black, grey and white. I actually like to have more than 1 in each color because I wear them constantly and I hate when a tank is in the laundry and I can't wear it.
Necklace: I am so in love with this necklace. To me this necklace is what is contributing to the edgy vibe in this outfit. I seem to be obsessed with necklaces these days so I am on the hunt for any cool places that sell necklaces like this. If you know of any please let me know!!
Clutch: I would say I am not normally into bling bling clutches but I really love this Alexander McQueen one. The skull on the clasp is awesome and if it wasn't so much money I would buy this in an instant.
Shoes: I am a big fan of an all black outfit with a colored shoe that makes the outfit pop, so for this outfit I picked a pair of girly pink heels to balance the dark edge of the rest of the outfit.
Beauty Accessories: I just got back from the nail salon now and as I type my nails are a dark grey. I go back and forth between natural and dark colors on my nails but I have to say there is something about a dark nail that is oh so cool!

Tomorrow's look - Cocktail Party

Where to get this outfit
Skirt: Vivienne Westwood Anglomania (my-wardrobe.com), Tank Top: Crumpet Cashmere (net-a-porter.com), Shoes: PRECIOUS High Shoe by Boutique (topshop.com), Clutch: Black Crystal Skull Clutch (alexandermcqueen.com) Necklace: Givenchy (luisaviaroma.com), Earrings: EWA Peal Studs (johnlewis.com), Nail Polish: Essie (sugarscape.com), Eye Shadow: Too Faced Cosmetics (asos.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you - please leave us a comment!